Leave it to us terrazzo polishing experts!
Terrazzo is a composite material consisting of marble, quartz, granite, glass shed sprinkled rock chips decorating its appearance. It is surrounded by a cement-like chemical mortar binder. It can be poured in place or precasted. It is used for floors or walls. Terrazzo is cured, ground and polished to a smooth surface. It is very commonly used for commercial applications where its resilience and durability make it very cost effective in its initial installation and also its low-maintenance cost. Call us at 1.800-770-7789 if you have any questions about terrazzo.
Terrazzo represents beauty & elegance perfect for residential & commercial floor
Some of the benefits of Terrazzo:
-Better than new
-Low installation cost
The benefits of Terrazzo floor polishing, resurfacing, refinishing & restoration…
1. Beauty. Polished terrazzo floors are second to none in durability and appearance. its smooth and mirror-like sleek surface. Polished terrazzo’s aesthetic value makes a viable option for its application in most facilities, whether commercial or residential.
2. Clarity. Increased ambient lighting which will naturally enhance the beauty of your terrazzo floor and reduce the cost of lighting. One of our facilities actually reported that they were able to turn off every third light in their facility, saving them over $1,500 in energy costs a year!
3. Better than new. There are dozens of ways for terrazzo floors to breakdown as they age; some of the reasons are: rain damage, surface stress, delamination, improper curing, curled cold joints, joint shoulder failure…the list goes on and on. The polishing process actually removes the top part of the surface of the terrazzo floor (including any patchy, partial, or whole coatings) and hardens the exposed surface beneath. Old, deteriorating, or weak terrazzo is strengthened, and its impact and abrasion resistance is increased.
4. Decorative. With unlimited color choices you have a floor canvas at your feet. We can stain terrazzo floors to make them look newer.
5. Slip Resistant. Higher levels of co-efficient or friction than any coating on the market. Wet or dry, our terrazzo floor surfaces meet, and most often exceed, OSHA and ADA standards for slip resistance. Kept clean and clear of debris, terrazzo floors tend to be less slippery than waxed surfaces.
6. Cost-Effective. Polished terrazzo is one of the most economical, cost effective flooring alternatives out there. The reduced costs associated with saved energy, reduced tire wear, maintenance reduction, and especially the long-lasting durability shows that polished terrazzo is a budget sensible, as well as beautiful, flooring system.
7. Virtually maintenance free & easy to clean. Decrease in floor maintenance and less drag on cleaning equipment; making brushes, pads and mops last longer. Most floor systems, even ordinary terrazzo floors, require aggressive scrubbing in order to maintain a clean environment and nice appearance. Oil, paint, and other staining spills can leave lasting impressions on most surfaces. A polished terrazzo floor doesn’t require this intense scrubbing — the surface is so tightly compacted that it actually repels oils and other substances. This makes cleaning much easier and a maintenance schedule less demanding than with other floors.
8. Sustainable. Unsurpassed durability compared to other flooring products, terrazzo floors is intrinsically green because it de-materializes a project, reducing the need to bring in additional coverings or coatings that end up in land-fills upon their eventual replacement. Perfect polished terrazzo not only upholds aesthetically pleasing design but also aligns with the LEED rating system.
9. Elimination of dusting from efflorescence. In ordinary unpolished terrazzo, tiny particles of dust are pushed to the surface through an upward force. This is more commonly known as dusting. Dusting forces epoxies off of the surface of terrazzo floors, and can make maintenance a costly priority.
10. Maintenance-free. No more need to move furniture or heavy machinery. With a polished terrazzo floor system there is no need to wax or strip the floor. All of your allocated maintenance labor and material costs for stripping and waxing can now be eliminated and added to your bottom line.
We can offer different levels of terrazzo aggregate exposure depending on taste!
Polished terrazzo has been for a long time the fastest growing green building flooring product for use in commercial, residential and industrial applications for warehouses, supermarkets, residences and retail stores. Known for its low maintenance cost, terrazzo polishing also provides superior durability, permanent dust proofing and a highly reflective surface.
Polished terrazzo has bridged the gap between aesthetics and performance. Whether you have a new terrazzo surface or an old slab the polished terrazzo process can transform your terrazzo into an operation resistant eye appealing floor finish.
Polished terrazzo involves the use of industrial diamonds to open the top surface of the concrete to accept the water base terrazzo densifier hardener. The terrazzo densifier reacts chemically with the binder to harden the surface to provide a permanent dust proofing; resin diamonds are then used to honed the surface finer and finer thereby creating a shine on the surface of the terrazzo.
Clients have the option of choosing satin, semi-gloss, or a glossy finish. Grinding deeper into the terrazzo allows aggregate to be exposed. Polished terrazzo is also available in many colors by utilizing concrete dyes or stains in the process.
“terrazzo polishing is an art in itself, having the experience and the right human touch means the difference between a decently polished terrazzo and a work of art. If you like your polished terrazzo floor to look like a mirror then we are the company that can give you that very unique and luxurious look”
At StoneShine hard work and dedication speaks for itself, we provide our customers a polished concrete finish like they have never seen before. At StoneShine, we are rated the #1 concrete polishing company in Los Angeles, Orange County, San Fernando & San Diego. We also serve San Bernardino, Riverside & Palm Springs.“Polish your terrazzo to give your floor a very elegant luxurious look”
No other material can compare to a perfectly polished terrazzo floor. A cared-for, well-protected and maintained terrazzo floor can pass the test of time. Terrazzo polishing can be achieved using special proprietary techniques, diamond grit pads and other processes that close the pores on the surface of the terrazzo thus giving its reflection while making the concrete surface silky smooth, after grinding the terrazzo then a densifier is applied, scrubbed then buffed to create more shine & uniformity throughout.
“The pores on the surface of a polished terrazzo are closed but acids, chlorides and other foreign substances can’t create damage like etching and stains. Terrazzo can still be vulnerable if not sealed properly”
Stains and etching can be prevented simply by sealing your terrazzo floor surface after it is polished. That is why we take preventative measures and only use the best commercial grade sealers in the market today. A periodic maintenance program is crucial in always keeping terrazzo floors and countertops looking shiny and alive.
With more than 20,000 customers and decades of experience we understand how critical it is to treat terrazzo correctly the first time and then on an on-going basis to ensure its presentation and durability. We are happy to help you answer any questions or concerns, to learn more please call us at 1.800.770-7789.